Thursday, August 6, 2015

Scrap Vortex continues

When I take a break from machine quilting the Ocean Waves quilt, I build more hunks for the Scrap Vortex quilt. Here I have thrown all the big hunks up on the design wall just to see how large of a quilt I have so far. I hope to actually use this quilt as a full draping cover for a queen size bed, so I still have a ways to go.

And the knuckleheads, I mean foster kittens, are doing much better. They are back to their full time studies of wiggle-butt pounces, intermediate tissue paper and advanced studies of nuisance theory.

Plus while I was at the CASPCA today, I met Huxley, a large regal tabby who was roaming the premises and using the opportunity to go up to other cat's cages and reach his paw inside the cages to steal kibble out of their food dishes.

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Gosh yours is coming on at a fast rate! I feel very guilty as I haven't done any more on mine all week but I shall remedy that tomorrow. Pleased to hear that the foster kittens are improving!

gayle said...

Perhaps Huxley would accept a staff position at Kitten U?

Vicki W said...

I had the same thought as Gayle. He sounds like just the type of management you need!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!!! That is looking so great! So.... Is it making a dent in your scraps at all? I keep thinking I need to try one!