Friday, August 28, 2015

More lego blocks

I finished making all the lego blocks...I think. My goal was 81 blocks to make a quilt 9 X 9 blocks or roughly 60 inches square. Now I'm thinking I might go bigger. As a reminder, the original inspiration antique quilt can be found at Quilting with the Past. But I learned about it on Tonya's Lazy Gal Quilting blog where she provides a tutorial. I ended up using a different method and was not as careful with value placement...

But yeah, it turns into a bit of a stash sampler and becomes like a signature...but reflecting one's fabric choices.

And this is Daytona practicing tail flare. Today he also had his first introduction to stairs and the downstairs. He also continued with his mastery of feather toy and napping.

1 comment:

gayle said...

That may be the happiest quilt I've ever seen...