Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Machine Quilting and More

Today I spent most of the day machine quilting the peacock quilt. As you can see, I'm trying to convey peacock feathers with the log cabin blocks.

I was wondering what to do with the darting fish border when I thought to use the magic of the Internet to find out whether the Dear Stella confetti was still available (far right). And yes, I found some and ordered it. Of course, I had to order some other fabric to serve as padding so the confetti fabric wouldn't get bruised during shipping.

When I laid out the fabric for the photograph, Molly thought it would look a lot better if she was laying on it.

5 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

And she was right.

gayle said...

Good call, Molly. All photos benefit from the strategic addition of a cat.

Jacqueline said...

Your logic for ordering multiple fabrics cracked me up. I might have to borrow that line in the future.

floribunda said...

that's probably the best excuse for buying more fabric so far! it IS fragile, right?

Cathy said...

I like your clever quilting! And Molly is correct, of course, about the fabric. Too much cuteness!