Saturday, November 8, 2014

This is the first time I got drunk...that is, made a drunkard's path. This quilt was made in 1983 when polished cotton was the new in. I was also experimenting with a new polyester batting that was supposed to be light, but lofty. But instead replicates the saggy baggy elephant.

I still like the concept behind the quilt, just not the execution. I'm also inspired by Tim Latimer's recent experimentation with the drunkard's path. And, okay, it may just be that I have a crush on Teddy.

But I am showing you this early treasure because Vicki W. thought she might be forging on alone down the drunkard's path, without realizing that some of us are professional procrastinators and haven't even gotten started.

5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Well I can see Tim Latimer had obviously "channelled" your DPquilt of 1983! I love the one he is making presently and the fact that he has such a delightful doggie pal around the place. Just going to read Vicki's DP post and links now.

Vicki W said...

This is very reminiscent of early Michael James to me! Oh and thanks for yet another blog to follow.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is really gorgeous!!! and procrastinator? sheesh- you are just allowing the creative process to work....

LA Paylor said...

oh how graceful and pretty. I love this pattern. I have one a tiny bit like it, DP but more regular. Scrap stripes where your stripes are, and red solids. I quilted it by hand as my grandmother left the top unquilted. She called it Sidewalks of NY. Yours is really pretty. LeeAnna

Lyndalee said...

I love your quilt. How can I get the pattern? I just joined your blog. I'm so glad I found you.