Friday, October 30, 2020

Protest Post

 


I have spent most of this month cleaning up my sewing room...which to the casual observer primarily looks like someone curled up in a ball on the floor. Intermittently, I also made more postage stamp blocks.  I have six more to make before I start sewing the blocks together.

Molly thinks I'm selfish and should share her beauty poses with the world. She also wants to show off her new chair that she learned about from her favorite shopping channel: kitten.academy. Every Saturday they open mail and packages from viewers. Since this can take a while, the moderator got a floor chair (a lounger type thing without legs) to use during those filming sessions. I thought that was a great idea because I desperately needed a place to sit in the sewing room. Every chair I use gets taken over by Molly.  A case in point...

However, in this household, everything is eventually taken over by Big Head, I mean Buddy.

While Molly still likes the shopping channel, she doesn't approve of the new kittens at Kitten Academy which are obviously just computer generated images of kittens. These new "kittens" just have one adorable pose after another without the mischief that the WeeBops displayed. Bring Back the WeeBops!

These kittens are so obviously computer-generated that they aren't even kept in their room with the door closed. The other cats in the household (the faculty) and the kittens can intermingle, except they don't because the kittens aren't really there...just CGI. 

Meanwhile, time is playing its own tricks and somehow the very long month of October has raced to the end. I am going to have another fabric giveaway for November...where I will open up the giveaway starting tomorrow on Halloween (Saturday) and then announcing the winners on "Election Night"(Tuesday). Any requests for orange fabric will be ignored.

Here in Oregon, "election day" is a historical footnote and filling out the ballot is done at home with the help of cats to ensure a perfect score.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Very pretty Postage blocks..they will really look so lovely together...
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love those postage stamp blocks! Maybe I should try one.

gayle said...

You just need 5 sewing chairs - two each for the snoopervisors and one for staff. Even Buddy can't spread out over more than two chairs at a time. (Can he?)

MissPat said...

The first photo of Molly is definitely a finalist for her official pawtrait. The second is disqualified because of the presence of a pony.
Pat

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your checkerboard squares are coming along nicely. Alas, that is still on my to-make list, although I do have some fabric chosen for the solids and some squares cut out for the other pieces.

QuiltGranma said...

Love those blocks! And of course love your kitties too!

Cathy said...

Molly is lovely (as is Darla, which I keep having to tell her). But they’re getting a bit long in the tooth (love that saying!). Brumby, the black and white tuxie, is the most adorable kitten ever. Well, at least since Bessie.