Friday, December 25, 2020

Catsplaining


Here is your first lesson in the series "Buddy Presents Patchwork" . 

First, the easiest way to sew patchwork is strip piecing where one sews the butt end of one strip to the head end of another strip. This is how a jellyroll quilt is made.

Alternatively, you can sew a Y-seam, where two sides of a patch are sewn into the interior of a V shape. It is called a Y-seam because one should always ask WHY are you doing this? Are you showing off? Or are you just trying to annoy your sister?

Meanwhile, if you stop by tomorrow, we are going to have another fabric giveaway to countdown the end of this year. It might be nice to collect comments on a post tomorrow and then pick a winner on New Year's Eve. 


7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Adorable

gayle said...

Buddy has presented a wonderful demo of these important concepts. Visual aids are always appreciated!

Julierose said...

Oh kitties are so cute--hugs from "Ice" land cold Julierose

Julia G said...

Buddy is my kind of cat.

MissPat said...

Well, I, for one, am glad to see that Buddy and Molly didn't take the holiday off and just lie around doing nothing.
Pat

Cathy said...

I had Alfie read this post because he’s been the Quilting Cat of the Month at our house. I’m surprised that his tail doesn’t look like Sadie’s. Meanwhile, we’ll wait with bated breath for Buddy’s next lesson!

QuiltGranma said...

My kitty was so very helpful the other day when I was cutting fabric... spying over the edge of the table to see what was going on and going after the selvage edges (that I cut from the main part of the yardage, leaving it attached to the rest till I use it up) then trying to snag the ruler or the selvage tail. I did get those strips cut and put into their respective shoe boxes till needed. I have a lot to cut for this quilt, and it will take some time... I weary easily since I'm waiting for a new hip. No hurry on this so no worry.