Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Spools and Packages


Here is my micro proof of some sewing. I know a lot of you sew a lot more while facing many more daunting challenges than I do. 


Today, Molly took over the sewing machine chair. Next to it, I have a small iron that is perfect for pressing the microspools. And to avoid supervision at the sewing machine that included a hot iron, I thought it was safer to move to the floor to remove the iron from potential gravity experiments.


Unfortunately, the floor opens up the activity to just about any land-based mammal...even ones who think that brown-striped pants go with anything.


 Molly wants me to mention that I took the fabric give-away packages to the post office this morning.  I am sending flat rate envelopes this time because they are more lenient with packing than the small boxes. 

Of course, there are often nuisances to deal with. Yesterday when I tried to print the postage/labels I discovered someone is trying to take De Joy out of Christmas and the USPS website wasn't working. The last time I tried to print labels, the website was super slow and timed out...like right after taking payment.

And now Molly wants me to admit that the only reason I went into a discussion of printing labels was so I could make my stupid pun. Admitted. She also wants me to acknowledge how much help she provides picking out the fabric. For example, when I bend over, she likes to jump on my back so I can feel the full weight of the decision I'm making. She also likes to make sure that I pay attention to what I'm doing when I cut hunks off of flat folds. That said, she won't admit that she tucked her paw in as a bit of stupid physical humor.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Great pictures of the furkids! I see Tommy looking over Molly’s shoulder. And I love a good pun. So, how many (approximately) micro spools do you have?

Pamela said...

I love your pun! And your spools are delightful too.

Julierose said...

You have quite the "Snoopurrvisor" there! ;)) I love those little spools. They look so different when they are vertical and horizontally set..such cuteness ;))) hugs from afar Julierose

gayle said...

Tell Molly that I enjoyed your pun. Oh, wait... better make that DON"T tell Molly that I enjoyed your pun...

QuiltGranma said...

Photo of kitty on flat fold could be labeled The Thinker! Looks so deep in thought!