Thursday, May 6, 2021

Accountability


I precut about a gazillion microspools and am almost finished making them. This quilt calls for about 800 dark spools and 800 light spools. I have made more than enough dark spools and was a few hundred short of the light spools. Here is about 150 spools that I have recently made but not counted. I don't want the microspool quilt to repeat any of the fabrics used for the spools so each time I count I go through and take out duplicates. And yes, every time I make the official count and log it in the spreadsheet, I find I have only made a gabillion. Quite a let down.

And here is the final layout for the slow fish. It is always interesting to hear other interpretations...such as referring to the "odd" fish. Which fish is odd? For me, I didn't like the dark high contrast burgundy fish attracting all of the attention. Plus it has a close look alike in the right corner. So with a bit of substitution, I don't find my eye going straight to the center and staying there. (Your eyes may differ).


Meanwhile, Fancy and Farty are doing just fine, although Fancy seems to disapprove of her name.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Had to laugh at the cat photo. If pictures could speak. Or cats could speak. Love the spool blocks, look like a gazillion to me.

Julia G said...

Love the slow fish. What are you thinking for the half blocks? I was thinking seaweed, but there's not quite enough room. Or shark teeth. That might get slow fish to become fast fish.

QuiltGranma said...

love on those fancy cats for me!

gayle said...

Slinker and Stinker send their best regards to Fancy and Farty!