Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Gentle Waters


Here is the most recent layout for the slow fish. It is always helpful to view the layout online because weird patterns or concentrations of dark and/or bright reveal themselves. I may be revisiting the choice of the central fish, but otherwise I don't see anything that will annoy me too much after I have them sewn together.

I should also mention that I took a trip down a very deep rabbit hole. I thought it would be hilarious to put the slow fish in tilted blocks and call the quilt Storm at Sea. So I put wide borders around one fish and made the measurements for the wedges needed to make the tilt and square of the block. Next, I laid out the fish to figure out the blocks that would be tilt up and those that would tilt down. And that's when I realized that these fish are essentially circles and tilted circles are quite boring. The slow fish looked slightly tipsy but certainly not in the throes of a storm.

So back to the design wall...and yes, my design wall is finally back in place.

And in case you are wondering, my cats Shadow and Stinky are doing fine.

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love these! Perhaps save the 'odd fish' for the label - he would miss his school.

Cathy said...

I rather like the ‘odd fish’. Love the idea of tilted fish for Storm at Sea, LOL, even if it didn’t work out.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Glad you are back with more cool fish.

Turid said...

I love those cool fish.

gayle said...

Love the fish and love the layout! Even the odd fish - there's one in every crowd, right?

Susan said...

I like the layout. Maybe instead of rabbit hole you went down a fishing hole.:-)

QuiltGranma said...

Love your fishies! A cat named Stinky? Did you perhaps watch the series, Friends, and hear Phoebe sing about "Smelly Cat"?