Saturday, June 12, 2021

Purple Chips


 Here are my purple diamonds to add to my set of rainbow colors for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge

And for those of you that enjoy garden shots, here is a rose growing in my backyard. I had never seen this rose before it started to do this. Due to a locally notorious ice-storm, my backyard transitioned from a shade garden to a sunny garden after six trees attacked my house. This rose, planted by the previous owners, was hiding out under azaleas, and is now enjoying its time in the sun.

And meet Molly's new friend. This cat comes up to our back patio to have staring contests with Molly. Molly takes the visitor in stride. Buddy seems confused, probably wondering how Molly can be in two places at once. The cat seems healthy and is well groomed, so I assume it belongs to a neighbor. But Molly's attraction is strong, because I took this picture after it had started to rain and the cat had moved to beneath the eaves. After I shut the blinds, the cat left. (This was not her first visit.)

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Beautiful rose. Pretty kitty visitor. And I love the chips

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your collection of PURPLE scraps (and that gorgeous "new" rose bush of yours!!)

gayle said...

Kitties and roses - I wonder what other surprise visitors are lurking in your back yard? Tortoises? Pixies?
Love your purple chips!

sue s said...

I love those chips. I have Tula's new Linework that would work well with the RSC also. It has just bits of color and I have solids to match so I should start now with purple! It's a nice surprise after an ugly tree event to have a pretty rose. And that cat really is Molly's double!

Cathy said...

Oh my, what a great post - quilt blocks, roses and a cat! Of course, I would rate it perfect if the cat were Molly and if the roses were mine. LOL!!!

Susie H said...

The Chips are really pretty and will use up quite a variety of neutrals. Love your "bonus" roses, so gorgeous. Do they smell as pretty as they look? My Polly would NOT take too kindly to some other cat making itself at home near hers. Nope, no way! Hahahaha!