Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Scrap Processing


 Most of the scraps in the tub are left over strips and hunks, but there are a few bits of construction thrown in. And yes I am also finding one inch and 1.25 inch strips, and this block explains why. And I can see why this one bit of selvedge was saved.

And so far, this is my favorite of the prints that I have uncovered in the scrap bin.


Meanwhile Molly has abandoned her princess tent to wallow in wads of batting. Last week Molly sent an unsolicited box of fabric to Cathy at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting, only to have the fabric hoarding space continuum whiplash and fill the void in the cat's play area with the new scrap bin. 

4 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Cathy is so prolific at using scraps that I can see why Molly decided she needed more. Guess Molky didn’t anticipate the boomerang effect ;-)

gayle said...

Ya gotta watch out for that whiplash...

Susan said...

Well, Molly looks comfy.

Cathy said...

Oh, Molly, I do love the whiplash cause and effect! Thank you. And the destruction (group of free range barn cats) says hi. I could call them a dowt; however, several of them (McGinty, McNally, McDuff and Big Head aka Old Buddy) have been following me around while I have been planting some bare root perennials and later I find some plants dug up and the spots have been used as litter boxes. So destruction they are. I guess when they continue to roll around in front of me while I'm working I should stop more often to pet and play. I guess chatting while I work is not enough.

It looks like a fun bin of scraps.