Saturday, May 21, 2022

Some Sewing?


 I hope you don't mind me reverting back to the old version of this blog (words with pictures). It is much more cluttered than the minimalist new version.

Here are some recent bowties...catching up with pink and adding this month's green for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. If you would like more green in your life, make sure to check in over at Angela's blog SoScrappy.

Here are larger green bow-ties...these are made from 2.5 inch squares while the smaller ones use a 2 inch square.


Here in the Northwest, our spring has been wetter and cooler than normal. So this weekend is when I can finally plant the tomatoes and peppers. The artichoke in the front yard is quite happy with the weather.


I just love a plant with a great sense of humor.


And in anticipation of summer heat and smoke, I am having a ductless heat pump installed...and the unit needs to go on this wall. Here I am starting the move.


Of course, I had help that was no help.


11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have lots of pretty sage and forest greens, Sally! I love the pink and green combination, too. Enjoy your planting - I haven't done any here yet either (Colorado), but looking forward to it this week, hopefully.

pat said...

love the bowties! its going to make a great quilt!

Anonymous said...

Think of all the surprises you might find when you move that wall of fabric :-)
Love the variety of greens in your bowties.

Jenny said...

I've got a soft spot for bow tie blocks, yours look lovely indeed!

Pam said...

I always look forward to your blog posts. Love your cat.

gayle said...

I've also been shifting fabric around lately. And desks. And tables. And shelves. Good luck with all that - especially with all the help you're likely to get...

MissPat said...

Glad to hear you haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Good luck with the fabric rearranging.
Pat

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun blocks!!! and me... I am always a fun of photos!!! especially of the help that was no help haha!

Cathy said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! We’ve missed you terribly! Your bow ties are delightful. And your “help” looks ready and willing to get to work. If by work you mean jumping in your lap for some snuggles.

Elaine said...

So glad you're back in whatever form suits you - like the blocks, I didn't realise they were bow ties at first duh...lovely to see the elephant in the room again. Elaine

Anonymous said...

Love how you tied in RSC green with Spring's bounty. Everyone needs a studio supervisor. Yours is precious.