Thursday, May 26, 2022

Surveillance State


I have moved all the flat fold fabric to its new locations and have commandeered all the hunks that range from 1/8 to 1/2 yard. But there are still unresolved piles...some of which were projects that I started and lost somewhere along the way. The squares are one of them. Lynn Dykstra conceived of these squares as a one-a-day project, if I remember it correctly. I liked using this idea for highlighting fabrics I like (especially the small last bits.) So now that I found it, I'm adding to it until I lose it again. The middle squares are 2.5 inches and the outer frame is cut 1.25 inches.


I tend to stick to old technologies even when I no longer remember why I got them. This old home surveillance system is definitely an older model that is getting on my nerves. Out of eight drawers in the bathroom, it requires FOUR empty drawers or its error alarm goes off. And, of course, the error alarm goes off a lot anyway. 

5 comments:

gayle said...

Well, it's still a cute surveillance system, no matter its age...

Susan said...

Maybe the surveillance system needs new batteries. Plus I agree with Gayle.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It's error alarm haha!!! what a cutie you have there!!
Love those blocks!

Cathy said...

I made a little Happy Block quilt in those dimensions a few years ago and gave it to nephew and wife when they had their first child. The have child number 2 now so that must have been awhile ago. It makes for a fun game of I Spy with the kiddos so I've heard.

Cathy said...

Our fuzzy-tailed alarms tend to go off in the dark hours. The boy alarm also goes off after making a deposit in the litter box.