Thursday, June 2, 2022

Alternate Reality


The air conditioning installation begins on Monday, and my sewing room is prepared. (My sewing room is what a realtor might refer to as a living room.) The cutting table has not been cleared in a long time...and it is also clear underneath too,


The fabric is hiding behind fabric. I also moved a shelving unit of fabric into the bedroom where it is also hiding under fabric.


And I found a table living under piles of projects. I have a plastic cover for the thread and a bucket to prevent thread mayhem from a creature that is either desperate for attention or a trip to the vet.

Thread creature.

Buddy is enjoying the extra floor space because he doesn't realize that all of his toys are going to be put away and he will spend the day in hiding. (Thread creature (Molly) will spend the day trying to sneak into the crawl space if given an opening...)

7 comments:

gayle said...

Good luck with that AC installation - I hope all goes well!
Ah, the poor kitties, whose lives are about to be invaded by chaos and mayhem. They will be quite offended that you outsourced their job...

Linda Swanekamp said...

I woke up this morning wondering about you as I had not seen a post from you in a while. Not since the cat in the drawer one. My sewing room once was the living room, but since the kids left, it has been seized and conquered. I had the roof done a few weeks ago- stripped, new skylights, dormer siding do-over- took two weeks. Tugger stopped eating and hid in a corner most of the time. It finally dawned on me to get out the tuna and now he is all gung ho with a new reason to live.

Katie said...

Oh dear - tell thread creature that is a BAD idea. Aside from the cost, you need to stay at the doctor for days - AFTER they cut open your belly and poke ar every inch of your digestive system. If you're lucky, that's all! I do hope the plastic keeps things safe. Good luck with the A/C install. As much as I dreaded ours and put it off, it IS nice to bake cookies or iron without contemplating how much hotter the house will be afterwards.

loulee said...

Our furry friends do like to get involved don't they. I hope the AC installation does not traumatise them too much.

Susan said...

I hope all goes well with the installation on all fronts, backs, & sides (including insides).

Pam said...

Your fabric looks so beautiful! And everything all orderly.

Cathy said...

Thread Creature and The Pony - sounds like it could be a sitcom (or cartoon strip). But you’re a good Catmom for trying to keep them safe. I hope the A/C goes well and that you are relaxing in cool comfort soon. xo