Monday, June 6, 2022

Time to Hide



My personal preference was to follow Buddy into hiding when the crew showed up to install the heat pump. 


Instead, I witnessed Molly supervise the process, and yes, by the end of the day I saw her rub the team leader's leg...although she now denies it.

I seem to be surrounded by show-offs (except for Buddy). The artichoke is getting ready to bloom before it swallows the house whole. (I did eat one of the artichokes, so it may be feeling somewhat vengeful.

And back when I had a shade garden full of trees, I didn't know that this rose was lurking behind the azaleas waiting for its time in the sun. And yes, it towers above me.


Here is another rose in the backyard thriving on neglect (plus a cool spring with lots of rain).


And apparently peonies like sun as well, because this one has also come out of the shadows.


And no, I did not order another cat so I would be very happy if it would stop visiting us everyday...especially with such a judgmental glare.

4 comments:

gayle said...

I'm glad you're getting such pretty flowers as a solace for losing your trees, but I keep getting fixated on those artichokes. You can grow artichokes? In your yard? I had no idea.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, those roses are magnificent. The cat with the stink eye, not so much.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers/garden. Molly likes her heated beds and so maybe she was thanking the guy for installing a heat pump.

Pam said...

Lovely flowers and yard. I will take Buddy off your hands if you get tired of him. I can tell he is a cat with character.