Monday, June 20, 2022

Blue Bow-Ties


 Here are some blue bow-ties. I began making them as part of this year's Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. However, this year I seem to be blogging in an alternate time universe, so the timing is a bit off. 

Also, if there are issues with text size and wrapping, all I can do is refer you to Molly who changed settings with a walk across the keyboard. I am going to have to wait for her to hold a seminar in Blogger before I can get things back to normal.


I took a Zoom seminar with Kerr Grabowski on Deconstructed Screenprinting.  Her method uses dyes and to have the dyes set properly requires temperatures above 70 degrees. And yes, this has not been happening here. This makes the artichokes quite happy, however.


I am letting them flower because they are more fun to look at than eat. 


And poor Molly had a terrible day last week. On Friday, she didn't get breakfast until after 7AM in the morning. And it was disrupted by Buddy getting locked in a carrier and taken away. When staff came back (without Buddy), Molly ran to hide. However, staff didn't chase her and instead did activities that had nothing to do with Molly. Molly put a stop to that! Later, Buddy came back smelling worse than Buddy. After Buddy came out of hiding, Molly hissed at him several times to convince him to go back into hiding. And now, Buddy is getting his teeth brushed daily which means he is using more staff time than allowed. 

6 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

love your bow tie blocks and artichokes and kitties!

gayle said...

Poor Buddy. Poor Molly. Poor Staff...

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, the arrangement and the bow ties are awesome. Cats sleeping cosy like that is the cutest thing. Happy Stitching Sally.

Susan said...

I like the bow tie arrangement and your artichokes. Poor Buddy. Poor Staff. Poor Molly?.

Cathy said...

I couldn’t let Darla or Alfie read your post because that same type of visit for them is coming next month. I’m running out of ideas to keep Darla out of hiding once the carrier comes out (even days before). I love those artichokes!

Pam said...

Your artichokes are beautiful. I would not eat them either-just look at them.