Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Feline Input and Output


 I stepped out to run an errand yesterday and returned to a cat's critique of the "Not Square" design. Apparently what it was lacking was a dead opossum. This stuffed possum usually travels around the house some time after midnight...accompanied with loud meows if its Molly and high squeaks if its Buddy. I'm not certain whether I'm supposed to add an image of an opossum or attach the actual stuffed animal. 

And here is a photo of Buddy projected on the wall. In this version, he is about 3 ft in length. How large should Buddy be?

Meanwhile, I ran across this photo of my front yard in Virginia. It was always fun to go out and see the tracks of the various animals that had been out and about. Here in Portland, the only animal that left tracks in the snow was the black cat with territorial issues. I didn't have to go outside though because he came up under the front window to glare at two cats nestled in their heated beds.

5 comments:

gayle said...

Buddy should definitely be larger than 3 feet. Life size is good - so, big enough to see from my house but not big enough to see from the moon.

Pamela Dempsey said...

I think the look the cats are going for is attached stuffed possum 😻

Linda Swanekamp said...

Gorgeous place in Virginia. I find batting scraps, chewed, in the morning all around. Apparently Rosie mines the trash cans unearthing scraps I buried. My previous cat, Tugger, stole the draft stopper at the front door and used to deposit it in all kinds of places, including my bed to stake his claims in the house.

Nan Hohenstein said...

Our cat,Patches, routinely brings us her toys at night, right after we go to bed. Her meows are quite loud and insistent. We invite her to join us in the bedroom. Sometimes she brings a toy to bed with her. Often in the morning, there is a trail of other toys leading away from the bedroom. This our first cat to have this behavior.

Susan said...

Maybe the opossum is a commentary on the fish fabric since it is beside it. Or maybe Mollie & Buddy want it included in the project.