Monday, February 27, 2023

Cool Cat Progress


My original plan was to use a midcentury color way to convey the coolness of the cat (who is not a square for the Project Quilt challenge). However, martini glasses with olives might qualify as cool in some circles. But more to the point, I liked the fabric and would show off the cool cat quite well. The cat asked for fish and I added the Marcia Derse stripes. We aren't too sure what the fabric with the circles are going to do...but the fabrics have the last decision. I just go along for the ride.


 Here are the fabrics that were auditioned but did not make the cut. Four of them had to be eliminated just because they have squares in the print... (Remember the only rule is no squares!) 

And I have drawn the cool cat (no beret!) but have yet to decide on its final size. 

2 comments:

cbott said...

I immediately saw cat faces in the circle fabric, and thought that was why you chose it!

Martini glasses evoke the 50s for me, so you're well on your way!

Carolyn

gayle said...

No beret? But... but...