Sunday, February 26, 2023

Ready for 5th Challenge


There is no better preparation for the next Project Quilt challenge than to rush to finish a quilt before it starts. I have had a log cabin streak of lightening quilt layered and ready for quilting for quite a while. So I jumped to it this weekend to start quilting it. But wait...there was already quilting in the lights. That was exciting because it meant I had a jump start. Then I saw the tension issues and remembered why it had been set aside. The plus side of tension issues is that the quilting tends to be easy to pick out. After I took a few steps back...I quilted it. 

Molly would come to lay on the quilt...creating new tension issues...within my skull.

This morning we received the theme for this week's Project Quilt challenge: Not a Square. And I'm sure we will all have the same exact reaction...not a square means it's a cool cat. So yes, another challenge where the obvious answer is cat, but this time with a mid-century look.


2 comments:

Susan said...

I like the streak of lightning log cabin quilt. My eyes may be deceiving me because I see a few squares and no cats.

gayle said...

Yep, definitely calls for a cat.