Sunday, February 19, 2023

Back to the Spools


So I either have too many blocks or I don't have enough. Or I will find the missing blocks as I clear out the Project Quilt debris. Or I will take apart some of the extra blocks to make bridges between blocks. The task at hand it to rearrange the blocks to take advantage of light and dark areas, emphasize diagonals and avoid horizontal lines. Oh excuse me...I'm boring Buddy.


Here's a closeup of the spool blocks.


In yesterday's comments, my sister mentioned the Bear's Bowtie Block, so I thought I would show you the quilt I made out of that block...and also all of the other quilts people have made from that block. If you see a picture of Buddy instead, you will realize this is an illustration of the null set. And you will not be surprised that Barbara Brackman has never written about the block that nobody made (or should ever make).


And if you can't tolerate neglected cats or messy work surfaces, look away two minutes before now.

4 comments:

cbott said...

I love your grasp of the space-time continuum.

Carolyn

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow that is an amazing conglomoration of blocks. Looks like my red fabric scraps migrated to your sewing table. I know it isn't my table because there's no cats here.

gayle said...

It looks like Molly caught Buddy's case of Bored. He's a powerful carrier.

Susan said...

Okay, so how big is the quilt as currently laid out on the design wall? Must massive since Buddy looks so small against it. I also thought you were going to say, "And here is a closeup of Buddy.