Thursday, February 16, 2023

Spring In the Air


 Whoa...the microspools are spreading fast...it must be spring. My favorite part is that the spools nest into each other at the seams. So sewing the panels together is as much fun as the pairs, fours, and eights. 

I have enjoyed the process all along the way from making individual spools to having them come together.

I've just been sticking the panels up on the design wall in no particular order and haven't yet decided on my strategy for ensuring harmonious transitions. 

Looking at the microspools up close is quite different from the view standing back. I am thinking that I missed my chance at making a Chuck Close style portrait out of microspools...unless that's the seed for the next one...

11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

They look so different all grouped together, a whole different life.

Julie in GA said...

They look amazing joined together! I love the design that develops from alternating lighter and darker spools.

loulee said...

They look stunning altogether like that.

Sumac said...

Wow! They look incredible on the wall. Turns them into ovals with the black background.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH. MY. GOSH! That is spectacular!
I am squealing over here! I love it so much!

Susan said...

Looking awesome. You have been hard a work.

Beth Strand said...

So much WOW!!!

Julia G said...

I love Chuck Close. Great idea!

Hubblebird said...

I absolutely adore this. Have followed your journey making the spools and marvelled all along the piecing process. It’s spectacular now.

gayle said...

Even more gorgeous than I envisioned - and I had really high hopes! Wow!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just so awesome!