Thursday, March 7, 2024

Bureaucracy


 I will try and not let this post melt down into a tirade, but I may not have been very welcoming when my machine quilting of the seahorse quilt was interrupted by Buddy announcing he is my new supervisor.  Since when does the cat who puts gashes in quilts gets to supervise and inspect the quilting process?


And why so I need two supervisors? Admittedly, this inspector has her paws carefully tucked in...pretending that "The Destroyer" isn't her middle name.


And given all these inspectors and supervisors, why am I just now seeing that two of the seahorses are made from the same fabric (see top left corner and bottom right corner in photo)?

4 comments:

gayle said...

Not the same fabric at all - just two remarkably somewhat extremely sorta similar batiks. You know how tricksy batiks can be...

Katie said...

Be thankful that your supervisor is only putting gashes in your quilts. My latest supervisor (about 5 months old now) insists on putting the gashes in my fingers. If I'm reading a book, fingers not moving, she attacks them. If I'm in the shower, she tries to climb my legs - through the curtain liner by launching herself from the edge of the tub. She also tried to gnaw a hole in a quilt last night - one that had not one single thing under. Apparently I should not have a Christmas quilt out still. But you've raised your supervisors from kittens, so you know how this works. It's a good thing they're cute because otherwise... And I agree that those two fabrics aren't quite the same. But even if they are, you could just play it off as intentional. Like a where's Waldo twin brother version?

Susan said...

I say they are two different fabrics because they are apparently cut from different parts of the fabric so they look different and they are facing away from each other.

Anonymous said...

These seahorses are so elegant!

Laura H.