Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Return to Stonefields

Here's the block I made today. It belongs to the Stonefields Quilt by Susan Smith.

The quilt calls for two of these blocks.

These are the blocks for Month Three...I have two more blocks to go to finish Month 3.

And here's the full collection of blocks I've made so far. I have to remember to keep the blocks to low contrast.

And here is a log cabin that was on display at the Pacific International Quilt Festival. It was made in the 1890's and is part of the San Jose Textile Museum. It's the nine patch centers that makes this quilt so much fun...although the alternating light and medium logs are fun too and go well with the nine patches.

Meanwhile, I'm going to be taking a class with Rosemary Burris in November. I told Molly that I was going to make a quilt using an image of her palimino pony Buddy.

I am sticking with my choice despite Molly's best efforts to convince me otherwise.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Tell Molly your first attempt will be for practice. When you reach expert level, then you’ll be qualified to do her.

Julierose said...

I love your colors on Stonefields--so soft and pretty--hugs, Julierose

QuiltGranma said...

love that 9-patch/log cabin! whoever made that is my kind of gal! Love to Molly and Buddy!

gayle said...

I love your Stonefield's blocks, and I think that log cabin is so wonderful that I might have to make a block or two (or twenty) of my own.
And I think Barbara has the perfect excuse... umm... reasoning to give to Molly.

Cathy said...

I'm glad to see Stonefields out again. I love the fabrics you are using as well as the blocks. I almost started down that road but knew I would probably never finish. The blocks look a little above my skill level.

And I can't take my eyes off that log cabin. As Gayle said...I might have to make a few blocks. I probably have enough red little nine patches in the Parts Dept. I'm torn, though, because I was going to make some little red cabins for the centers of the next logs.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh you have quite a collection of Stonefield blocks now, good to see you back with them. Refresh my memory if you will re the size of the blocks.