Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Golden Peaks

I finished cutting the triangles (the Peakies and Spikes for the Doreen Speckman fans out there) for step 2 of Bonnie Hunter's En Provence. As you can see, I am using a different colorway for the quilt. In theory, gold is the new magenta. Except, in this particular layout, the gold goes into hiding surrounded by the background fabrics. I am not going to sew all of the units until I see where they go in the quilt. I may have to move to a deeper gold. However, if the gold nestles next to some of the other colors, it may work out fine. It's a mystery!


8 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Will you be mixing up the other colours as well?

Mystic Quilter said...

I think this has a wonderfully subtle, restful and sunny look. As you say I guess you will need to see just where they're being placed, but I love them!

gayle said...

I adore all the fabrics you've got so far, and hope that it works out!

Sue SA said...

Very appropriate leading up to Christmas!

Vireya said...

They look very pretty! If you don't use them in the mystery, they could make nice placemats or a table runner.

Julianne said...

Oh my gosh! I also have changed up all my colors and just haven't decided and or stuck to my choice of constant, red, brown, definitely not magenta....now that I see your gold, I think it will be perfect with my blues and Oranges....yours is lovely! Thank you!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I tried, and tried and tried. I just can't do a Bonnie hunter mystery. The number of pieces makes my head spin.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I Think that is going to be gorgeous!!!!