Thursday, July 18, 2019

Alt Jane turns Tiny Tuesday

At the  time that I was making a Dear Jane quilt, I began making blocks of the same size that I am sure Dear Jane made but never put in her quilt. These may look familiar because I used these for the Tiny Tuesday blocks.

These are the alternative Dear Jane animal blocks that didn't make the cut to become Tiny Tuesday blocks. (And yes, most of these are just small versions of larger patterns I have made.)

Meanwhile, Molly is about to turn four years old. I have been giving her a variety of presents as a warm up exercise. Molly is a fiend for wool, so I got her this bed made from wool. She likes it a lot although its a bit big for her. But she thinks it would make a good costume if she wanted to be Buddy for Halloween.

She also received some mouse toys and some wool felted balls, but Buddy stole them and ran off with them.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your extra blocks look like fun! Love how you have figured out all these animals. Happy Birthday to Molly!

Mystic Quilter said...

I have seen the cat cocoons in various ads and wondered about buying one for Leila. My concern was that it would no doubt need to go through the wash now and again and would it keep the shape, do let me know.

Julia G said...

So maybe Buddy ran off with the toys because he is jealous that he isn't getting any toys? Love the tiny versions.

Susan said...

How lucky Molly is--I have never received presents as a warm up to my birthday. Sounds like Buddy is being a typical brother.

Cathy said...

Buddy is probably jealous that Molly is getting all the presents. Darla says it’s his parent/staff’s neglect that has obviously pushed him to a life of crime.

QuiltGranma said...

awe Buddy! Bring them back!

floribunda said...

Is that one of those cat caves that show up in (incessant) ads on IG and FB? The entry hole looks bigger than in the ads. I've been tempted...