Friday, July 12, 2019

Tiny Friday

I'm slowly getting back into the groove of sewing again.  This bear paw is 4.5 inches finished and is part of Angela's Tiny Tuesday project over at SoScrappy.

I would like to say I have gotten my ducks in a row, but really I think it is only to escape all of the zucchini that has taken over the kitchen. Oh, and the lettuce, cucumbers and broccoli. And oddly, all of my neighbors have gone into hiding.

And here are all the chameleon guts that need to be cut into functioning chameleon parts. Meanwhile, Buddy is continuing to use this area as his playground.

And speaking of Buddy...he has officially become a cat. But not a lap sitting cat... He likes to be held up on my shoulder so I can't do anything else. He is going to have me registered as his support animal. He takes the idea of support literally. Buddy has also decided he likes racing through cat tunnels...even when there is a Molly Kitten sitting in it.

Molly is moving from Kitten status to Distraught Teen. She is overwhelmed by my idiocy. She spends most of the day (and night) trying to talk me into opening the front door so she can go outside. She can not figure out whether my not doing so is a sign of incompetence or part of a larger conspiracy.

Meanwhile, I am going to continue to focus on the chameleons despite the enticing eye candy over at Wanda's Exuberant Color.  Wanda is working on a fantastic version of a postage stamp quilt combining prints and solids, inspired by an equally wonderful version at the Klein Meisje Quilts blog.

4 comments:

PaulaB quilts said...

Love that fussy cut bear claw. The whole thing looks like a flower bud.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow, just look at the size of Buddy now!! We're trying to slim Leila down her weight has been creeping up far too high, how much does Buddy weigh?

Cathy said...

Haha! I read Bruce your comment about Buddy now being a cat, and his immediate question was “When did he get promoted?” Poor Molly. If she only knew all the bad things that await outside for unsuspecting kittens. I’ll trade you some apricots for some broccoli or zucchini.

QuiltGranma said...

Love the kitty picts! She is a TEEN now? Fixed I hope!