Thursday, July 4, 2019

Chameleons 3.0

Here are the new versions of the chameleons. In this version they have something to stand on. Also, they are quite a bit smaller...the limb they are standing on is a one inch strip (half inch finished).

But I found a problem with my pattern. First, I make a cartoon on graph paper, and then I break down the piecing. During that translation I made a mistake so the chameleons definitely have problems with their digestion. Also, I think I will add some flip triangles to the front leg to round it off a bit.

And in case you are missing Molly... She is quite disappointed with me because I keep going outside. She realizes that there is more territory that she is missing out on and it happens to be a territory loaded with birds and bugs. I remind her it is also a territory full of cars and dogs and howling monkeys.

Right now I am waiting patiently for the first squash of the season. And yes, shortly I will be buried in it.

And this will be my second cucumber. It is a bit strange growing plants without sharing them with deer, raccoons, skunks, rabbits and voles. Yes, a bit lonely. 


7 comments:

Kathy S. said...

We just started picking zucchini early this week. I am in Ohio. Our cucumbers aren't doing very good. We have to share with the wildlife...deer, raccoons, skunks, rabbits, opossum, & turkey. My free-range chickens occasionally visit the garden because it is near their fenced-in area. Lately they enjoy looking for bugs and worms after I run rototiller. Then they possibly become dinner for the fox and coyote. I love it here. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Love your chameleons! They definitely caught my eye.

Barbara said...

Smitty sympathizes with Molly. Our field is full of squirrels, each one a tasty meal, and he’s stuck inside. It’s like a starving person sitting at a banquet with no plate and no silverware. Your garden is ahead of ours. I’m just barely getting tiny little worm-like zucchini on mine. Your chameleons are impressive, but your attention to detail is even more impressive. I can imagine having cats helps.

Vicki W said...

Do you remember giving me your original applique version of these? I still have it hanging in my quilting room!

Anonymous said...

Beth H in NH- Thank you for the Molly update. I really enjoy your blog, every part. We are dairy farmers with a border collie, 2 barn cats, some chickens and many cows. We used to have a monkey and she was mischievous but not like yours!

Cathy said...

Love those chameleons! We only planted spaghetti squash and pumpkins, no yellow squash or zucchini. And just when I thought it was safe to go back into the kitchen (after yesterday morning spent handling garden peas, lettuce, spinach and rhubarb), Bruce brought in another bucket of peas and a huge bunch of carrots this morning.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the chameleons, especially the swirly tails and the big red eyes!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely lush vegetables - making me feel quite hungry! The chameleons make me happy - I always love seeing them in the nature programmes on TV.