Monday, August 24, 2020

Postal Progress

I finished four more postage stamp blocks and added them to the design wall. As I go along, I use this to figure out the balance of lights and darks...and hue. I will add a few more lights, but I definitely want to add another cheddar block. Probably another citron (brightest yellow) too. 

Today was a rough day of watching new kittens being born at Kitten Academy. The first kitten was born early this morning and the mother still has a couple more to go. It is presumed that this is her first litter sos she doesn't know what is going on and hasn't shown much interest in the kittens unless they scream. I have the livestream on the TV so Molly spent some amount of her time given pointed directions to the Kitten Academy staff who completely ignored her.

Molly has also noted that I am underperforming during this pandemic and have no good excuse for doing so. She had me compare my to-do list with Buddy's and admittedly his list was much longer and more ambitious, particularly in the area of grooming. 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Your postage block collection is coming together so nicely..nice work on these hugs Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, it looks terrific on the wall! Such bright sparks of colors.

Barbara said...

The postage stamp blocks are on my list to do someday. Yours are coming along nicely. Darn you, Sally, for getting me hooked on Kitten Academy. I'm really going to miss the weebops when they graduate.

gayle said...

Your postage stamps make me green with envy. (And blue and purple, too)
Remember, it isn't the length of the to-do list that counts - it's how long you can ignore it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

i LOVE those!!!

Cathy said...

I love all your postage blocks. I’m pretty sure that the USPS will be sending you one of their disconnected sorting machines for your scraps. Keep us posted (hehe. Get it?) I was going to call Molly yesterday to see if she’d let you come over to play. Scraps, kittens, even our own cats could play or watch iPads together. But then things went south at the Kitten Academy. So sad that none of the newborn kittens were mature enough to survive. I remember that happening to a small, young momcat we had when I was growing up and it was just awful...

MissPat said...

This is precisely why I don't have a to-do list. Without a list, I don't have to be accountable to anyone. Plus, I don't have a supervisor with Molly's credentials. Postage stamp blocks are looking good.
Pat

Janet said...

The postage stamp blocks are on my list, as soon as I start cutting my scraps into squares. Thanks for the encouragement and examples!

Mary said...

Support the USPS!

Cathy said...

Hmmmm...I didn't know we were supposed to be well balanced. I'm thinking I'll just remain on the bright side.

New kittens showed up here the other day on the Free Range. They are each a different color. Ah, home on the range!