Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Green Blocks


 I had planned to share six green blocks for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge, however, like weeds in a garden, these blocks got away from me. Since I had so many green strips, I decided to make more bit coin blocks (the ones that are 3 by 14 patches). And there are always extra scraps from the scraps, so I used those to make the 16-patch squares. 

And there are always microspools that come along for the ride.

And although I didn't finish my green blocks on Saturday, I did nose around and discovered that Gayle at Mangofeet had used one of my favorite fabrics in one of her glitter blocks. Because I'm so easily influenced, I had to use the pigeon fabric to make one of those diamond blocks we're all making, plus cut some hexagons for a paper piecing project.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, it’s good to see all your little piecing projects. How many micro spools do you have now? Or will you be waiting to count them....? Alfie says those pigeons look pretty juicy! (Bruce calls pigeons “doofus birds”).

Kathy S. said...

Love the spools. My spool quilt table topper is one of the quilts in my kitchen that gets the most compliments. Happy sewing.

gayle said...

Your microspools always make me smile! (Though my spellchecker is insisting that 'microspools' isn't actually a word)
I love that pigeon fabric, too. In hindsight, I should have bought the whole bolt...

MissPat said...

I'm glad to see that storm clean up and bunny hopping didn't completely take over your world. I would think you'd have a million microspools by now, but then they are very tiny, so you probably need 2 million to make a quilt.
Pat