Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Week That Was


Monday was a good day and a bad day for Buddy. Tree people came on Monday to clean up the tree debris so Buddy hid under the bed. This meant I couldn't reach him when it was time for his vet appointment so I took Molly instead. On Tuesday, Buddy wasn't quite as lucky. Also, when we arrived at the vet, Buddy had accidentally been coded as a dog in their system, so while we waited for the office to change Buddy's chart from dog to cat, I made fun of him. 

The tree people also came today and now my backyard looks like this. The roof people will be the next to visit.

While my backyard is transformed, the property still lacks curb appeal. Firewood people will come to take the wood. Fence people will come eventually. However, the street light people are quite evasive...are they electric company people or are they county people? In any case, Molly suspects they only come out at night.

And yes, there is some evidence of sewing. These are slow fish. I received a request for a tutorial, so I have photographed the steps to make this block. Maybe tomorrow?

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That's a lot of tree work. Oh, I love the fish - how fun will they be to play with.

Cathy said...

Buddy sounds as afraid of the vet visit as Darla and Alfie. If I even look Darla in the eye, she thinks I’m going to chase her to put her in the travel cage. And she knows the drawer where I keep her nail clippers, so if I even open it, she’s outta there!

Well, at least the cleanup is coming along, albeit slowly. Perhaps a call to the county legal department, outlining all the potential liability issues of a downed electrical pole, would “jump start” the action there...

Finally, I’ve always loved those fish and am thinking that might be a fun project to start on. Maybe even in this lifetime!

sue s said...

Wow, you've really had a mess there! At least it's on the way out now, and kitties can relax.
Good luck with the pole. We have a pole in front that had a burnt out bulb for at least 10 years. We were used to it and no one complained. Suddenly last year they showed up and replaced the bulb! Too much light and the birds won't nest there anymore. You never know.

MissPat said...

At least the vet didn't have Buddy listed as a pony. I guess for the storm clean up you just have to be thankful you have heat, light, water and most of your house intact. Can't imagine what the cost of construction materials must be right now, what with pandemic shortages and all the extreme weather events from coast to coast. A little fishing will take your mind off the other stuff.
Pat

Jerilea Hendrick said...

Love the fish.
I've heard the power company can be quite evasive. One day, when you blink, they'll show up and wonder where you are and then force you to make another appointment.

Janet said...

Looking forward to the fish tutorials!!!

gayle said...

(Did you whisper at the vet's office so that Buddy wouldn't find out he's actually a cat? He seems so proud of his ponyhood)
Glad you're finally surfacing from the debris! Good luck with the rest of the process!
And I'm looking forward to the fish tutorial, too. Not that I'm going to make any fish, mind you. I'll just put them next to all those sheep that I'm not making either.

Vicki W said...

Oooh, that's an envious pile of firewood!

QuiltGranma said...

hubby loves your fishes!