Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Complaint Department


First, let me advise you that this complaint department will be making complaints, not taking them. First up, where are the months running off to before I am done with them?  Last year, after the last state fair, I decided I should enter the sheep for 2022...and somehow it's almost a month away or some such nonsense. And I still need at least 3 months just to make the momentous decision: should this have a wool batt?

I am working on the sheep's enclosure and added two sets of 2.5 inch strips around the perimeter. Next I will put up an electric fence to keep them from wandering too far.

And I liked it better in the olden days when surveillance systems were hidden instead of conspicuous, annoying and full of opinions.


And I have heard a lot of complaints about employers, but I have never heard of any that put their feet right where you're trying to work.


And I'd like to blog more regularly, but it takes so much time to edit pictures. Do you realize how long its going to take me to edit the grumpiness and stink eye out of this photo...


to make it look like this. Holy smokes...its already the fifth of July...


To end on a happier note...here is the artichoke plant. It had its own complaints during our brief hot spell, but that's over and now it's time for the artichoke to put on some purple wigs and party. A feast for the eyes...as it should be.


Here's the view from above.

And speaking of views...if you would like to cool off while watching a combination of jaw-dropping beauty and over-the-top adorable, please check out a recent video from Foresty Forest....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeqXmGiOGes.

7 comments:

gayle said...

Those artichokes are amazing! (Not as amazing as Molly, of course. Please tell her I said she is the most amazing and much better than artichokes)
I'm looking forward to seeing all those lambikins inside their enclosure. Goodness knows what they'd get up to if they were just running around loose!

loulee said...

My supervisor sometimes puts her paws too close to the needle or the scissors. Scary moments.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have never seen an artichoke growing. Amazing show, kind of circus like. I get plenty of complaints when it gets close to certain hours of the day like breakfast, lunch and dinner. Glad your hot spell broke. I has been fine here this year although we could use some rain. Tugger gets bored by the sewing machine and accoutrements.

Cathy said...

Molly is gorgeous! The first picture is more exotic, regal. More in keeping with an image of mysterious feminine power; “Talk to my agent”. In the second picture, Molly appears (to me) to look a bit more interested, but still above those of us on the other side of the lens. Regardless of whether I’m talking out of my hat or not, there’s no argument that Her Molliness has a great photographer!

The sheep are adorable! My mind’s eye sees a “nekkid” sheep with a pair of shears on the back. Oh, and those artichokes!!!!! 😍😍

Vireya said...

The sheep look great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love your sheep!! and yes!! Wool batting - there you go one decision made haha!!
The fence is going to be such a great addition.
But your supervisors.... I am not thinking they know the *rules*

Pam said...

Snoopervisors can be a pain. Thank you for your beautiful photos and fun points of view.