Friday, October 28, 2022

Major Blogger Glitch Revealed


As I'm sure you know, Buddy took over responsibilities for this blog early in September...at exactly the same time of the last shown blog post. Every morning at 4am, he reports to me about what a great job he is doing and whether he wants payment in treats, toys or cuddles. Today I noticed that not a single one of his posts can be found. Apparently, he thinks that all he has to do is think the blog post for it to exist. So until blogger overcomes this minor coding issue, I'm going to go back to the old-fashioned luddite way.


Unfortunately, this also means replacing the Buddy mind with quilting activities...which brings us to the mysterious safety pin inside the sheep quilt. When I turned it into the Oregon State Fair, I had a closed safety pin behind the red sheep's eye. When I got it back, the pin was in the cheek of the sheep, with the pin showing on the outside. ???? 


After a minor surgery (opened seam...remove pin...hand sewn surgical stitch, no visible scar), the sheep quilt (now named Sheepish) was ready for more quilting before its trip to the Clark County Quilters show.


Here is Sheepish on display.


I also finished layering and quilting En Provence (Bonnie Hunter's 2016 mystery challenge quilt) for a special exhibit of quilts made with Bonnie Hunter designs. I was a bit surprised that there were only four quilts entered for this category, although this may stem from confusing the blogging world with real life (which I try to avoid as much as possible).


11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

So good you recovered the blog from Budday. Great to see your quilts. Hope you are doing well. Blue ribbons don't hurt.

Beth said...

Yippee you are back!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful quilts and what a "pin" story! I'm sure Buddy is no worse for the wear concerning his new job responsibilities. Good to have you back!

Cathy said...

Welcome back! You and your feline overlords have been missed!

Pam said...

I am glad the operation was successful.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the pin story :)
Congrats on your ribbon win!

Dee W said...

Had an ex that felt if he thought about paying the bills, I was incompetent, it was ok. No, didn't work for him either. And someone "straightened your crown, when you didn't realize it was crooked" So good to see you!

gayle said...

This explains so much - Buddy assured me that he had my blog under control, too...

loulee said...

That pin sure gets around. LOL
Lovely quilts and so glad you have taken the blogging reins back under your control.

Susan said...

Glad to see you take control of your blog again. Congratulations on the blue ribbon.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Buddy and I think a like... treats and toys before anything else!!
Glad you were able to discover his programming glitch!!!