Monday, October 31, 2022

More Spools


Today I sewed more four patches. Unfortunately, I forgot they are directional with a dark spool in the upper left corner, so I have some seam ripping to do. While I was sewing, Molly came to visit. I thought she was far enough away until her tail swept by the moving needle. I now have to spend the next month or so arguing with myself about whether she did it deliberately, Given my frightened reaction, she will most certainly try it again.


Here is another Bonnie Hunter design from the Clark County Quilt show. Made to full size, her mystery challenge quilts are quite large. And while we're on the topic, today Bonnie Hunter released the colors for the next mystery challenge...with the first set of instructions to be released the day after Thanksgiving. You can find her color discussion here:  https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2022/10/chilhowie-quiltville-mystery.html


And yes, this morning Buddy was still waiting for staff to clean up his play area.


4 comments:

Beth in NH said...

Are the bowtie's on the scale of wonky? If so I like them. So like the way I would tie a bow!! Keeping up with two "helpers" in your sewing room must be hard. I really enjoy your blog. I am no where near as interesting. Thank you for writing.

MissPat said...

I often wonder why more cat "assistants" aren't wounded in their efforts, given their preference of lying on cutting mats or resting on sewing machines.
Pat

Susan said...

Let's hope Molly doesn't try that again. But as you know, cat staff get no respect shown by Buddy not cleaning up his own play area.

gayle said...

I've many times been happily sewing along when an unsuspected cat's paw or tail has come swinging in from in back of the machine. The panic has certainly given me more than a few of these gray hairs...