Sunday, July 21, 2024

Feeling the Heat


 I have now sewn all of the postage bits onto strips of neutral fabric (see the pile in the background). Then I iron  them open and fussy cut them apart so I get a pile of two patches (see foreground).

When I get tired of working with Mount Stripmore, I sew two patches into four patches, 


I am only allowed a limited amount of sewing time each day. We are fully into the summer months so the heated beds and pads are turned off. Buddy has taken to napping in a chair by the window while Molly has staked out my sewing chair. When I am in the sewing chair, she takes her place by the sewing machine, flicking her tail closer and closer to the needle.

Despite all of her best efforts, I did manage to finish off the spool of thread today. 

And I get the same disrespect when I cat sit. Here I am being told to return his people immediately and that he will not sign any waivers or nondisclosure agreements for whatever prank show I am affiliated with. He also says I smell like old cats.


I suspect I never got around to showing the fabric I picked up at a recent charity fabric sale. It was back in June some time, oh yeah, the day of the fabric-filled estate sale. The charity sale began at 8AM and the estate sale began at 10AM. 


3 comments:

gayle said...

Do you need a decoy sewing chair for Molly to sit in? Or maybe you could tell her it's the co-pilot seat.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love all the little sewn squares, so much fun. I don't even know how Rosie woud react to me sitting another cat, especially in her house. The one in the photo is definitely not on board with the whole situation.

Susan said...

I like seeing all the little 4-patches, especially the two showing cats. Maybe you should show them to the other 3 felines in your house. Or just add them to the number of cats in your house. :-) I like the pose and the look on his face of the visitor cat.