Monday, May 23, 2016

Kitten review

Small changes can make big differences. I brought out some tissue paper for Molly, and this is now her favorite hangout in the office. She only comes up on the desk if she wants attention, which she gets when she starts shredding papers. She seems to have even given up chasing the cursor on the computer screen. This means that Buddy now comes and either flops in front of the keyboard or on my lap.

And for a trip down memory lane, this is one of the first pictures I took of Molly when she was willing to come out of the hidey hole when I was in the room. I was taking the pictures with an iPod without the flash so I wouldn't scare them.

This photo was taken two weeks later. At that point, all three kittens were willing to come out. And by the way, that is a stuffed opossum toy in the foreground. That is now one of Buddy's favorite toys and it is always interesting to find out where it has gone during the night. Sometimes it gets taken downstairs and then the next morning its back upstairs.

This is one of the first pictures of Buddy who was the last to come out of hiding. At this time I thought he was a natural at posing and would go on to become a feline model. Little did I know that he would grow into a huge lap dog.

And we probably shouldn't forget Cyclone, Molly and Buddy's sister, who was half their size but twice as sweet. The shelter wouldn't give me the address of the people who adopted her so I could go and steal her back.

As for quilting...I have little to show for my day because I mostly sorted through projects and fabric trying to make enough room so I can lay the vintage spin blocks out on the floor. I have decided which blocks go on which side though.


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Well, Team Storm has certainly grown and done well for themselves! I didn't get any sewing done today, either. But tomorrow....

Frances Meredith said...

Hardly kittens at all now. I can't imagine much 'sorting' got done once you started looking at all these photos.

gayle said...

So, floor. Given up on the design wall, then?
Probably for the best.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow, look at them now! It's easy to forget how quickly they "grow up".