Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Scattered

As I was cleaning and sorting in the sewing room, I ran across the wavy fabric and knew it had to be a vintage spin block. So yes, I made another vintage spin block although both sides of the quilt are accounted for.

I also selected the backing for the bounding bunny quilt and happily I have exactly the amount I need for the quilt that grew too large: six yards. I bought this fabric for a backing many years ago and now it gets to fulfill its destiny.

I also made a new Dear Jane block B1 or Bachelor's Buttons.

My first version of this block didn't have enough contrast and was too pale and boring.

Meanwhile, Molly and Buddy are preparing to compete in the olympics...synchronized sleeping. Earlier, Molly practiced knocking applique pins off the sewing table. I was using them at the time and wasn't paying attention as she approached and before I knew what was happening the box was flying. Judges' scores are based on how far the tiny applique pins fly and spread, and by how loud the person yells.  She scored all tens.


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Great fabric for a Vintage Spin block and perfect backing for the Bounding Bunnies. Synchronized Sleeping? They're close, but need to work a bit on front paw and tail placement. Score: 9.2

Frances Meredith said...

The backing fabric looks perfect. Version 2 of B1 is looking good.

Anonymous said...

I love this vintage spin block. Is there a pattern (preferably paper pieced) or instructions for making it? Thanks!

Please click on the delaineelliott above for my email link.

gayle said...

Perhaps you're not done with vintage spin after all?
That backing fabric is perfect for the bunnies!
Buddy still needs some work on form for Synchronized Sleeping. Hopefully he'll stick to that and not try to follow his sister into Pin Flinging. (I've heard that this year's Hungarian Pin Flinging team is particularly competitive.)