Friday, May 27, 2016

Vintage Spin Side One and Home Decoration

Here is one side of the vintage spin quilt with all the blocks sewn together. I have about 65 blocks made and will use 30 on each side. I have chosen the two fabrics for the center circles (one fabric for each side). I divided the blocks according to how well they went with each of the fabric centers.

However, you may have noticed that I haven't sewn the circles in yet. I was going to use the 6 minute circle method but realized it would be easier to machine quilt this without the circles. I will be able to march across the circles without over quilting or going around each circle. This means I will hand applique the circles at the very end.

Block placement was chosen by the design committee. Art critiques in this household can get very heated and involve a lot of biting.

And I hope you realize that Molly has her own projects...for example, taking down window treatments and wadding them on the floor where they belong. Apparently.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Must have been time to wash the curtains!

gayle said...

I think Molly is actually a frustrated sculptor. Three dimensions are so much more fun than two...
Love the Vintage Spin!

Mystic Quilter said...

I like your Vintage Spin more and more each time I see you post about it! You must be so pleased to have a helper with household matters as well as quilting!

Cathy said...

Molly has projects like my youngest son used to have.
I hand quilted vintage spin in circles around the center but like your idea especially since you are doing a two sided quilt. Aren't those blocks fun?

Denise from Sacramento said...

Oh my goodness, you certainly have your hands full. Your design committe likes to mix things up a bit!