Friday, November 2, 2018

Spools, layering and Molly

Here is another handful of micro spools. As I cut fabric for the gigantic spools, I also cut the fabric for these micro spools (1 inch) and the midi spools (1.25 inch). Now as I look at these babies on the design wall from across the room, I realize that these smaller spools will benefit from the addition of much brighter fabric.

And yes, I did manage to layer the garden mosaic (free spirit) (AKA Demented) quilt top.

Molly was on hand to help keep the quilt from blowing away.


Molly was gracious enough to pose long enough for a close-up.

And here is another close-up...so close you can read her mind, if you dare.

If you are new to reading the mind of a cat, I suggest you start with this pony. And yes, that is a fur ball toy next to Buddy's head. Sometimes he drops them on my face to wake me up. This morning when I woke up, there were two puff balls next to my head. Apparently, I have adapted and Buddy will have to up his game.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Molly's eyes are so green! Are the tiny spools 1" finished?!

Cathy said...

Beautiful pics of Molly and sweet Buddy!!

Susan said...

I agree

gayle said...

I dread to think what Buddy will use to up his game.
(It looks like Molly has already given it some thought...)

Mystic Quilter said...

Demented is looking so good - so is Molly! Love her poses.

QuiltGranma said...

Molly sure reminds me of my Bella, who had blue eyes! Beautiful kitties! AND I love your quilts!