Monday, August 2, 2021

Feeling Scrappy


 The color for August is Aqua (and I'm including teal) according to the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. Because a quilter can't live on microspools alone, I decided to dive into the blue/green scraps and pull out the scraps to use for making chips and bitcoin (whatchamacallits).

And then my scrap universe expanded because I received a delivery of scraps from Wanda's (Exuberant Color) Pop-up shop. It's called a Pop-up shop because you have to hover near your computer the day the shop opens, and then you have to pop into the store and dive into check out to avoid the terrible message that an item has sold. (This is all occurring between 9:00am and 9:01am on the west coast.) This photo shows the scraps just after they came out of the bag.

Here are the scraps after they have been sorted into 16 different configurations. The row on the bottom are an accumulation of common bits that will become microspools. I had so much fun that I had to call my sister and confess that someone with too many scraps bought a bag of Wanda's scraps and that I must have some kind of disease. My sister suggested that the disease must be hereditary because she had bought a bag of Wanda's scraps too. 

And on a more serious note, here is Molly watching "bird videos for cats" on her iPad. She started to paw at the iPad and then scratch and paw some more and this made the video switch to one showing "mice videos for cats." She then settled down to watch mice dart out of holes in a wall for food.

I was explaining to Molly that outside cats live a much harder life than "indoor only" cats, and that outside cats don't get to watch bird videos. Molly suggested that if I can take a photo of her watching bird videos, I have too many devices in the bedroom. 

And last, but not least, if you were receiving emails through Feedburner, you should begin getting them through Follow.it. We all have different ways of how we read blogs, and this is provided for those who like to receive emails for a new post. The choice to subscribe or not is up to what works best for you. 

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

No wonder all of the scraps were gone on Wanda's Pop up Shop by 9:04 AM. But I did manage to snag one of her quilts that I watched her create. I can't wait for it to get here. It has shipped :-)
(I'm on the west coast too)

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I'll have to find out more about the "pop-up shop". This is the first I've heard of it. Looking forward to seeing what you do with all of those aqua and teal scraps. Happy stitching! -Andrea

MissPat said...

Wanda could make a fortune if she cut up all her stash and sold it in scrap bags once a month or maybe even weekly, if she really wanted to get rid of all of it. But then when would she have time to make her fabulous quilts? Congratulations for snagging a bagful.
I suppose watching mice on a screen is more entertaining than sitting around waiting for one to appear in person or should I say in mouse.
Pat

gayle said...

I would watch a video of Molly watching videos...

Beth Strand said...

Lol...I installed a bird feeder where my cats could view "bird TV" out thé window. Do they watch it? Nope. I really like it though. P.S. Molly should give you a pass on the number of electronics since it gives you enough to share. My cats don't have their own ipad... although they've been known to borrow the kindle.

works4me said...

I am receiving notifications of your new posts again! Yippee! I know Feedburner hated me in its latter days.
We live on a lagoon and the cats aren't really interested in the geese, or ducks, or heron, or crows... Once in a while, they watch the hummingbirds or squirrels. But, have a fly end up in the house and you have a crazed kitty party.
I have been really good and have not bought any fabric in over a year. When the quilt shows finally start again I will be in real trouble. lol