Saturday, July 31, 2021

Changes

 

Here are a new set of microspools. This is the most normal thing I did today.

I am following advice from Barbara at Cat Patches (I know...she's not real) and using Follow.It to replace Feedburner. First, this allows me to just transfer the emails from Feedburner to Follow It so no one will have to sign up again. Also, Follow.it is a blog/news reader so you can set your own preferences. Right now, Follow.it is moving the email addresses, so hopefully this post will come to you from them. Then I will shut down Feedburner so you don't get two posts. (Although this might accidentally happen for the first day.)

And just to make my head throb, I have moved to a new photo editor...Affinity photo. Trying it out the first time was faster than using Photoshop Elements, which is in a death match with my operating system and spends most of its time showing spinning balls of doom. 

And if that's not enough change, who would like a new cat? Just kidding. This is the cat that comes to visit Molly and Buddy. Today, she/he was sleeping just outside the front window. She/he lives down at the end of a nearby cul-de-sac with very young children. 

Meanwhile, seeing a black bear wander into the backyard of the Kitten Academy in Connecticut made me miss having bears wander through my yard in Virginia. If you missed the footage, you can see it through the Kitten Academy twitter account here:   https://twitter.com/kitten_academy/status/1421264443367899142

I was a bit disappointed with the new mother cat because I was hoping Kitten Academy was going to branch out to bear cubs.  I guess we'll just have to put up with another litter of kittens.      

     

2 comments:

gayle said...

Frankly, I'm a little concerned that you're starting to miss bears... Maybe you could sew a bear suit for Buddy? (I'm pretty sure that Molly would just curl her lip at such a suggestion for her)

Barbara said...

I hope your Follow.It transition goes smoothly. I’m reading you from Bloglovin, so I can’t really comment on whether it’s working yet or not.