Monday, July 26, 2021

Spool Dance


Thank you for the kind offers of fabric scraps, but I have quite a lot right here. For the spools, I cut one 1 by 2 inch rectangle and four 1 inch squares.  I have over 400 spools cut now, and have a massive pile of fabric to cut more from. I pulled fabric from my hoard of fat quarter to half yard hunks. I could see a tell tale bite out of the corner of the hunk if I had used that fabric already. 

Next, I'll be pairing background fabric to each spool...the background cuts are 1 by 2 inch rectangles. I do allow duplicates for the background.

So that's how I've been spending my day...

Meanwhile, you may be unaware that Buddy and Molly are participating in the summer olympics in the category of feline freestyle interpretative dance. Shhh....the dance begins...


Exceptional paw work by Molly, but Buddy is overthinking his head placement and has let his paws curl under. This may cost them some points.

Molly's paw lines are flawless and her neck extension may help draw the judges' eyes away from Buddy's self-conscious hunch.

Even the judges are standing for this awesome final pose and applaud as Buddy pulls out the stops and extends his paw in an exquisite line. 

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Your kitties are "love dancing' How wonderful. After all this time I give them both a 10. And a 10 to you too for capturing it :-)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the interactions when I had two cats, sisters. The lone guy now is an alpha and will let no cat inside, so we just have to put up with his single shananigans. One of the US Olympic synchro swimmers was a student of mine in elementary and middle school and she has probably used some of their poses.

gayle said...

Exquisite performance!

Julierose said...

That is a lot of "spoolin' around"!!;))) The quilt will be just amazing...

Definitely a "10" performance from Buddy and Molly in the Pairs Floor Work...
Hugs julierose

Cathy said...

Aaand they nailed the landing, er, I mean the final pose! Gold medalists for sure! As a reward, they should get cardboard boxes to sleep on (or in), just like the Tokyo athletes. What?!? You mean you don’t need more fabric scraps for spools? I suggest you start thinking of perhaps making the spools “quilt” into a big sunshade for your backyard!

MissPat said...

We all know it takes hours and hours of practice to reach Olympian athlete status. Molly and Buddy show they are dedicated to perfecting their form. Sounds like you've got the spooling under control.
Pat

QuiltGranma said...

Lovely choreography! Great lines and grace!