Thursday, July 15, 2021

Microspools and Performance Art


Here are 104 of the latest microspools. I will have less after I check for duplicates and remove them. I am aiming for a charm quilt where each of the spool patterns are different. And this photo is a bit off...these spools are much lighter in value than shown.

And yesterday I conducted an experiment. You may have heard of cats and dogs with separation anxiety, but what about the anxiety feline staff might feel after being gone for the day. So yes, I broke the bonds and drove out to the Oregon Coast for the day. And when I came back there was a fascinating performance art project where the roads in the vicinity of Portland turned into a parking lot. Everyone (me included) could no longer sit alone at home so we all went out to sit alone in our cars. 

Meanwhile, Buddy's performance art piece is "I'm a cat because I'm in a cat tree".

And here is Molly performing "Sweet Dreams: The Kitten's Camouflage."

7 comments:

Turid said...

So fun with all those spools.

gayle said...

Buddy really nailed his 'cat in a cat tree' performance! Very moving!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such cool little spools. The cats are doing what they do best besides wrecking the joint. Sorry your outing was more of a standstill experience.

Cathy said...

Oscar-worthy performances! How many micro spools do you have finished and how many are needed? You can round to the nearest hundred. xo

QuiltGranma said...

Love your spoolin around, plus the performance art. Yesterday as we were driving north toward Portland suddenly there was NO traffic on 205, so I took a picture to prove it. Of course then there became a WHOLE bunch of traffic again!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Sally, I wonder is there much difference between bow ties and spools; they are on my quilty bucket list to make. Yours are gorgeous with those fabrics. Meanwhile, it must be so distracting to have live models living with you...:)

Susan said...

Well, at least you made it home and thankfully the "performance art" wasn't a mass evacuation. So what is the verdict on your feline staff separation anxiety experiment?