Monday, July 12, 2021

Hearts R Us


I know, I know...you're thinking "Not another pastel heart quilt. Why can't she make something different like a rainbow animal quilt."

Okay, just joking. And here's the story. During the pandemic, one of the estate sale companies held online auctions instead of having people shop from the house over a weekend. One of their auctions included a quilters' stash. And while there was heavy bidding on kits and designer sets of fat quarters, I went for the scraps and bits. In the midst of the box of scraps were the start of several heart quilts...one with four blocks of four hearts pointed inward.  So I made the smaller border hearts to make into this baby quilt.

And yes, the quilter also planned to make a full size heart quilt and had cut lots of soft pastels for that quilt. Those are now being transformed into microspools. 

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Isn't it great to finish something up that someone did not get to finish? And put your own stamp on it, too. Great job, looks just lovely.

gayle said...

When I saw that picture, I thought you were going to tell us that Buddy had hijacked your sewing machine and started his own quilt. He seems like a pastel hearts kind of guy.

Cathy said...

Well, that’s a lovely change of pace for you! I have some grunge dot hearts from a pile of QFK scraps that I’ll eventually have to do something with. They have gray and white backgrounds and aren’t very attractive at all. With your layout idea and a seam ripper, they may stand a chance of becoming a quilt someday!

MissPat said...

Nice to get a head start on a project with already prepared blocks and the scraps to finish it off. Fun layout.
Pat

Magpie Sue said...

Brownie points to you for turning that UFO into what will be a darling baby quilt. I'm guessing there may be a stack of pastels prints up for grabs the next time you do a studio clear-out. 😉

QuiltGranma said...

Sew glad you could use her blocks. I got some from another friend who had died, and these were orphans because she obviously was still learning seam allowance etc. I let them go to another to figure out how to set them usefully. I'm still learning too, after all these years.