Thursday, September 2, 2021

September?


 A couple of hours ago...a few days ago...last month I mentioned that I was going to restart the Stonefields quilt (designed by Susan Smith). Here are the next four blocks.

And yes, I am now working with Affinity Plus Photo instead of Photoshop but haven't yet sat down and properly figured things out. So the lighting on some of these photos are horrible. What I think looks okay in the program comes out bleached. Many of the controls are slightly different, but close enough that I just kind of mess about. (But on a positive note, I no longer wait through the endless fights between my operating system and Adobe watching the spinning ball of doom.)

Buddy thought my color choices were subtle and sophisticated and would get along with any other blocks that didn't try and bite him.

And here is a selection from the most recent 114 microspools I have made.

Meanwhile, Parliament, the owl quilt, did win 2nd place at the Oregon State Fair for whatever category it was in (traditional, domestic machine quilt). Of course, now that I am now living closer to family, I am required by Sibling Law 405.1 to mention that my sister won TWO first place ribbons for her needlework entries. 

7 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Congratulations to you (and your sister) on your ribbon for Parliament!

gayle said...

Congrats to you and your sib both! (You're well on your way to Total Fair Domination!)

Cathy said...

Congrats on the wins! I believe a Parliamentary win is equal to two needlework wins. I’m sure that’s in a rule book somewhere. I feel for you with the picture issue. Mine always seem to come out over-exposed after they’re run through the photo program on my computer. One of these days I may figure it out. Or not.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Congratulations on your ribbon. Keep us posted on how you like Affinity Plus. I just can't swallow the Adobe price. I just adore those microspools. Can't comment on Buddy because Tugger is trying to sit on the keyboard.

Julia G said...

Hilarious - sibling law...

MissPat said...

Having to compete with a sibling ups the ante, doesn't it? At least you're in separate categories. I'm glad Buddy isn't getting overly excited to see the Stonefield blocks return. Maybe you need to make some mice blocks to energize him.
Pat

maryl said...

OK...the sib has to say that I DID enter a quilt and got zilch. The needlework was old (no completion date restrictions) and a lot less competition in those categories these days. And younger siblings clearly have a more competitive streak, and I'm sure I will pay in some way for this post. So now you know. :)