Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Back to Clark County Quilt Show


This quilt was made by Christy Hoffman and she named it Kaffe and Tula Meet Escher Cubed. I thought it was a traditional pattern but it is described as a pattern from Krista Moser using a 60 degree ruler. This quilt called to me first thing when I entered the hall. It also won a viewer's choice award. One of these days I'm going to make an unabashedly Kaffe quilt (not counting the Seed Packet quilt on my to do list). (No, I don't really have a to do list. Only random brain surges).

This cat quilt was made by Su Holmes from blocks she received for being the guild President for 2017-2018. This was part of an exhibit showing past Presidents' quilts made from blocks made by members.

I was totally drawn to this quilt and it took me a ridiculously long time to recognize it as based on a Sarah Fielke pattern I recently purchased. I'm especially blown away by the very subtle striping used in the center background. This quilt (called Growing Wild, Gone Wildly Red & White) was made by Cheryl Little and was part of a guest exhibit.

This is Sarah Fielke's version of the quilt which she presented as a Block of the Month. This is also on my to-do list for the time in my life when I fall in love with sewing appliqué.

And this Sarah Fielke's book featuring the quilt Growing Wild. And yes, I really liked this for using the striped background for the appliqué.

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I saw that Escher quilt at a quilt show last year and was enamored with it. There are online instructions, but it looks complicated. I don't know why I always yearn to make quilts that are beyond my pay grade.

gayle said...

I think I would have spent a huge amount of time just standing in front of that escher quilt. Maybe even to the extent that I didn't have any time left to see the rest of the show?
Wow. Just wow.

MissPat said...

I bought a kit with the Escher quilt pattern about 7 years ago. And no I haven't even started it. Someday.
Pat