Thursday, April 18, 2024

Back to Backing II


 Here is the final choice for the backing for the darting fish quilt. And luckily, my "it is what it is" version of myself showed up and decided that the color shift between the border and the quilt top didn't matter. 



And I searched my blog to see that I had decided that I wouldn't make any more of these fish. A blog can be very handy for checking back and seeing what some random past version of yourself decided to do. Because I was still in "it is what it is" mode,  I added a simple border and called it done.

And because these fish are so mellow, I figured that they could handle a back of screaming seagulls.


Finally, I should admit that I now have three cats although I am desperately trying to get rid of one of them.


The three cats are : Molly, Buddy and Buddy's Annex. As you can see, Buddy and Buddy's Annex are inseparable. Buddy figured out how to get up on Molly's dining table and doubled down on his policy of diverting her food to Buddy's Annex. Oddly enough, we have now developed a routine where I give him an adoring rubdown while she eats. He knows that if I'm there, he doesn't get to eat her food, so he now plops down in front of her table for his spa treatment.

2 comments:

gayle said...

So Buddy has finished his pony phase and is now a full-blown (as it were) heffalump?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Screaming seagulls-how funny! Buddy seems to have found a new hobby and is increasing the space to do it. Love the fish and the border looks great.