Saturday, November 25, 2017

Speedy chicken

If you ate too much turkey, it might be time for a speedy chicken. And remember, you are what you eat.

Here are five new speedy chickens.

Here are all the chickens in coop. I'm trying to determine the best layout so I can figure out how many more chickens to make. This is a chicken raceway.

This is chickens choosing sides.

And this is a chicken face-off.  If you would like to see what others have cooked up for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge, I suggest a trip to Angela's blog.

Molly congratulates you on getting to the end of the post and would like to reward you. Here she is up on the fabric shelving. Buddy hasn't figured out how to get up there but I think it won't be long. He is already getting familiar with the cutting table and the sewing table. He even figured out that he should sit on the ruler when I'm trying to cut fabric.

Molly thinks that ponies should go back to hiding under the bed where they belong.


16 comments:

Melody A. said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial for the Speedy Chicken! Love all of them you have made! it is going to be a great quilt!! take care and Happy Holidays from Iowa

Raewyn said...

Those chickens make me smile every time I see them!

Barbara said...

We make our speedy chicken by opening a can of gravy lovers only Fancy Feast. Yours truly...Smitty.

gayle said...

Best of luck herding those chickens - especially the one with the fox infestation.

Angie said...

Fox in the henhouse?
And the Chicken Raceway made me giggle!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Raceway or choosing sides for the layout is my vote. Your latest foxy chicken is TOO much!! Perfect, but hysterical and oh SEW unexpected.

Julierose said...

Oh well, with foxes on their wings ;oooo --I can see how they become speedy for sure LOL Such cute blocks--hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

I love the fox fabric in your most recent chicken block, that's too fun. All your chicken lay-outs look great. You can't go wrong with any of them.

PaulaB quilts said...

The foxes in the hen - hilarious! I like the raceway best, but they are so cute just looking at each of them is fun.

Cathy said...

What a foxy looking chick!
I like the face off layout best. Looks like a hen party. I kind of like choosing sides too but would be too traumatic for me. When it came to sports no one chose me for their side.

Mystic Quilter said...

These chicks are a delight!! Wonder which setting you'll go with.

Susan said...

I would be a speedy chicken if I had foxes on my tail too :-) Buddy may be a slow learner, but he is getting there.

Cathy said...

The foxy chicken is cute! I think it would be hilarious to add one Fox to the hen quilt and it could explain them running every which way. But it probably wouldn’t make for a coherent layout, and we wouldn’t want to interfere with Molly’s design sensibilities.

Deb A said...

Wow - a chicken who ate a fox! Those chickens are too funny - they remind me of my nephew who has chickens! Sounds like Molly is teaching Buddy how to be a 'helper'! I was thinking mine had not found the newer sewing area... until we laid out some triangles and the next morning they were all scattered around. Guess the girls (my 2 cats) decided to rearrange them!

Lisa S. said...

I love the chickens!

mangozz said...

I really love your chickens!