Thursday, August 16, 2018

Chaos returns

I thought I had cleaned and organized my sewing room, but apparently that was just a dream. I sorted all the spools by color so Buddy could find spools made from the same fabric and remove duplicates. Instead, he found the spools were infested with laser pointer red dots that required his immediate attention.

And this is the pile of 1.5 inch strips that I am raiding to feed into about three projects that I have started within the last couple of days.

And this is Buddy and Molly's solution to my cat toy storage system. Buddy likes to keep his toys in the bedroom so he can play with them during the night. So he steals toys from storage and drops them off at various points between the sewing room and the bedroom. He thinks that the best alarm clock for staff is a fur ball dropped on the face.

Over time, I've tried various storage methods for containing my mess. Two years ago when we lived in Virginia, I used plastic bins.

Last year, when we were living in the apartment, I used plastic bags for temporary storage.

And then last year, when we first moved into this house, I tried storing decorative items on the fireplace mantel. I guess its all a work in progress that requires life long learning.


7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Living with cats is a real work in progress, and yes, it does require years of learning at the "cat school"; as in, they are the teachers. :-) Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way :-)

Vireya said...

Your cat adventures always make me laugh!

gayle said...

I'm taking notes on your storage system - so much useful information! Though I don't think Lynx will be quite so helpful as your supervisors are...

Barbara said...

We admire Buddy’s commitment to planning ahead for night time play time. We do the same, but we use the same toy every time. Sometimes we bring it up on the bed for discipline, but our mom makes us keep it on the floor. She’s such a killjoy. Also, we caught a chipmunk yesterday and brought it into the house to keep as a pet. She said we could only keep it if we took care of it. And we were going to “take care of it,” (Ha!) but then she caught it and put it back outside. Bummer. We couldn’t find it again. Smitty and Sadie

Needled Mom said...

It is definitely a long learning process. Love the "bin of cat".

Louise said...

LOL! Thanks for today's chuckle! :)

QuiltGranma said...

aah, kitties!