Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Kitten in a Basket Tutorial

I admit that I was somewhat baffled that anyone would need a tutorial on how to get a kitten in a basket...but here you go...

Put basket wherever you want. The kitten is probably nosing around everything you are doing anyway, so the kitten part will arrive on its own.

Wait.

Continue to wait, especially if you allow ponies to roam freely in your sewing room.

Wait some more.

Continue waiting based on the inverse of the ratio of basket opening to kitten hind end.

Continue to wait as kitten makes automatic adjustments for maximizing cuteness. This is built into the "kitten in a basket" feature of kittens.

If you have an older model of kitten, it may not have the same response time as newer model kittens.

Thank you for waiting.

11 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

Hahahaha! Such a cute post. Such cute kittens!

gayle said...

Thank you for the excellent tutorial!
(I'm really hoping you cover kitten in a box next. I'm very puzzled over that one...)

Beth Strand said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you for brightening my day with your excellent tutorial! Beth @ Words & Stitches

Cathy said...

Too clever! Such great pix of your basketcase kitten - er - I mean basket kitten and the pony. I’m with Gayle and was hoping for a kitten-in-a-box tutorial too. And while you’re at it, you could start a whole series; kitten on the quilt-being-sewn, kitten in the open cupboard, kitten hyperventilating to get into the bathroom when the door is closed, etc.

Pamela said...

Sally I love your blog as much for the cats as for the quilting. Heck, I'm a Dog person not a Cat person and yet I can't wait to hear what those two have been up to and to gush over their cuteness. Loved this post. Hilarious.

suzanprincess said...

Love your humor, love your kitten and pony, love your quilting! Thanks for sharing all.

Julia G said...

LOL!!! This was really great - so funny! I especially love all the commentary like inverse ratio. You brighten my day.

MissPat said...

It was nice of Molly and Buddy to provide so much assistance with the kitten in a basket tutorial. It is so hard to get much quilting done while being paparazzi to celebrity kittens.
Pat

Quilter Kathy said...

OMG... adorable!
And you are hilarious!

QuiltGranma said...

So talented and cooperative, with time. Love the basket too!

Lisa S. said...

I don’t have a kitten so I appreciate you explaining how this all works. 😂😂