Saturday, April 1, 2023

Not An April Fools Day Prank


No joke here...it's an actual blog post. I just got the enlarged version of the spools up on the design wall. I had to extend the design wall to the ceiling for it to fit. The quilt is now 72 by 84 inches...and now that I can see it, I've decided I want it to be square again. I'll knock six inches off the bottom and stick them on the side to make a 78 inch square quilt. In case you're wondering...that's 2,688 spools, hopefully all different and charming. I say hopefully because as I was adding new spools, I caught a duplicate. 

Meanwhile, we had a brief thunderstorm with itsy bitsy hail, and Buddy started to run and hide. I had to remind him that he is not afraid of thunder because he used to be a member of Team Storm. His name was Typhoon and his sister was Hurricane. He did stick around but only because the boredom from my story washed away his fear.

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

the blocks certainly take on a whole new look when they are multiplied. It is almost fence like and textural. So far, Rosie does not seem to be bothered by thunder. The vacuum cleaner is another whole matter.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! I like it as a rectangle; but, I bet I will love it as a square! Poor Buddy. That hail was something to watch as the frozen balls hit the ground or the roof and bounced about four inches!

Beth Strand said...

The joy of weather in the Pacific Northwest...all four seasons in an afternoon! The spools look amazing!